o .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lamrot Hakol (Despite Everything)

Musings and kvetchings and Torah thoughts from an unconventional Orthodox Jew.

My Photo
Name:

"I blog, therefore I am". Clearly not true, or I wouldn't exist except every now and then.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Starting fresh

So. How many blogs have I started? And how many have I kept up with? Hint: the answer to the first question is significantly larger than the answer to the second.

Maybe part of the problem is that I've been trying to specialize. I made this blog as a main blog, Word Soup for literary stuff, Tipot BaYam for Torah tidbits. I thought for a while that I'd try and do a weekly parasha thing, but I never got around to it (story of my life). Then there was Torah 101, Orthodykes and Comic Geekery. Sheesh, what a waste.

So I think I'm going to pretend all those other blogs don't exist, and that this one is my only one. And maybe cat-blog for a while. Cat-blogging is when you bore people with what's going on in your life, or what's on your mind. Treating a blog as sort of a personal journal. I suspect no one actually reads this thing, but it might amuse me to look back and see what I was thinking about previously. And maybe I'll start with some reviews of books and movies and whatnot that I really like. I mean, there's stuff out there that most of the mass culture doesn't really know about that's seriously excellent. If I can get it some web presence, that's a worthwhile use of the blogosphere, no?

Caveat lector: If anyone is actually reading this, some of my blog posts may amuse you, but others may annoy you, upset you, or even anger you. There's a little x in the upper right hand corner of your screen if you need it. It's like an emergency exit. Which isn't to say you shouldn't feel free to post comments. I'm always up for dialog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Esser Agaroth said...

B"H

Welcome back....again.

Be seeing you. {alla "The Prisoner"}

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Google